Executive Committee Minutes Sept. 26, 2016
North Central Jurisdiction
Jurisdictional Mission Council
Minutes of Executive Committee Meeting
September 26, 2016
Present: Bill Pyatt, chair; Jodi Cataldo, vice-chair; Bishop Julius Trimble; Rick VanGiesen, Treasurer; Paul White, NCJ Secretary; Jim Searls, NCJ Coordinator of Communications; Lonnie Chafin, incoming Treasurer (1/1/17); John Boley, Mission Council Secretary.
Bill called the meeting to order.
Devotions: Bill read an excerpt from Bishop Trimble’s book entitled, “A Faithful Church and a Healthy World.”
Catch – Up: Bill went around the table and everyone gave a summary of events in their life since we last met. Lots of transitions.
Discussion of Grant Application: Salient points of the discussion:
- The basic form came from Jerry DeVine, DCM of the Detroit Annual Conference with input from Jodi and Jim.
- DCM’s need to be involved more than in the past but likely won’t veto grant applications from their own annual conferences.
- What period of time for applications?:
- Need applications right away for 2017
- Have process in place for review for 2017 by January
- Executive Committee decide?
- Allow full Mission Council struggle with the process
- Be sure to have electronic processes
- Executive Committee meet with College of Bishops in January
- Suggest September for the next 4 years for full Mission Council meetings.
- Suggest: September 25 – 27 in Indianapolis.
Nominations: Discussed possibilities and will re-convene in the evening after the first session.
Reconvene: We will nominate Ryan Russell for Vice Chair, and Gail Burgess as Secretary.
Respectfully Submitted, John W. Boley, Secretary