Jurisdictional Conference November 2-5, 2022
Our Odd Space
Opening Worship Bishop Bruce Ough, preaching
Thursday Morning Worship, Bishop Malone, preaching
Friday Morning Worship, Bishop Tremble, preaching
Consecration Service, Bishop Dyck, preaching
Building The Beloved Community Exercises
White Nationalism /Christian Nationalism
Below are links to the presentation at NCJ 2022 with two video segments. There are some questions for discussion and reflection for the first segment.
Business Session Results
Bishop David Bard delivered a stirring Episcopal Address, telling the delegates and visitors that “We find ourselves in odd space. We are in an odd space historically, politically and denominationally.” Watch The Address
2023-2024 Budget. Treasure Lonnie Chafin
Reinstate NCJ Comm on Ordained Ministry
Ethics Code for Delegates
Be it resolved that General Conference and Jurisdictional Conference delegates are fully committed to The United Methodist Church.
Passed Yes: 128. No 25 Read the Resolution
Leading with Integrity
Support Regional Conference
Call For Justice and Empowerment
- Supports and amplifies the queer delegates’ call to justice and empowerment for the LGBTQIA+ community in our Jurisdiction, within and beyond our churches and agencies.
- Affirms the spirit of the abeyance or moratorium as proposed to the General Conference, as referenced above, until changes can be made in The United Methodist Book of Discipline.
- Implores our member Annual Conferences to either not pursue or resolve in an appropriately timely fashion through a non-punitive, just resolution process any complaints against clergy regarding their sexual orientation or clergy who officiate weddings of LGBTQIA+ persons.
- Urges that as a Jurisdiction we either not pursue or resolve in an appropriately timely fashion through a non-punitive, just resolution process any complaints against Bishops regarding their sexual orientation or those who officiate weddings of LGBTQIA+ persons.
- Supports the election of episcopal leaders who commit to upholding this resolution and who will further justice for and empowerment of LGBTQIA+ people in the annual conferences where they serve
- Commits to a future of The United Methodist Church where LGBTQIA+ people will be protected, affirmed, and empowered in the life and ministry of the church in our Jurisdiction, including as laity, ordained clergy, in the episcopacy, and on boards and agencies.
Passed Yes 129 No 23 Read the Resolution
Requested Decision of Law
Read Decision of Law by clicking link below